Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Exercise

Hi Ladies,
Exercise is very important. Not only does it help our bodies to look better but it also makes our bodies stronger. When we do strength training or resistance training our muscles take on beautiful shape which will tighten our skin. Resistance training will also strengthen our bones. This is so important because it will prevent or reverse osteoporosis. This means that our bones will resist fractures more. Besides strength training it is very important to do aerobics. This part of exercising will keep your heart healthy. I am going to post exercises that I feel as a 56 year old are safe yet challenging and effective. Always remember to check with your physician before starting any exercise program! It is not always easy to get motivated. I know! I work full time, I am a single parent. I HAVE A DOG!
 I feel the easiest way to start is by walking. It doesn't cost anything. And if you can walk with a friend then you are less likely to bail out! I have so much to say about exercise. I was a certified personal trainer so I love the subject, but I must admit I have slacked off a great deal so I have to start again too!!! Ladies let's start together!!!! Talk soon...Elyse Rose


"I gotta work out. I keep saying it all the time. I keep saying I gotta start working out. It's been about two months since I've worked out. And I just don't have the time. Which uh..is odd. Because I have the time to go out to dinner. And uh..and watch tv. And get a bone density test. And uh.. try to figure out what my phone number spells in words."
A funny quote by Ellen Degeneres