|Plump it up!|
- Beyond creams, scrubs and serums there are Injectable Fillers. The most popular are the hyaluronic - acid fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm. These fillers plump up moderate to deep wrinkles. Restylane and Juvederm are used for the nose to mouth lines as well as around the mouth. Because these two fillers are non-animal based risk of allergic reaction is supposed to be eliminated. Results last from three to six months.
- Botox is used for relaxing lines around the eyes and forehead. Botox paralyzes the muscles beneath the wrinkles. Again, results last from three to six months.
- Fraxel laser (skin resurfacing). This laser treatment works deep within the skin and it will increase collagen production which will in turn plump up your skin.
- Chemical Peels (This is the only procedure that I have had so far. I had a mild peel. It really does freshen your skin and clear up any acne that you might have. Expect your skin to peel and flake for about a week after the procedure.)
- Thermage (skin - tightening) This procedure interests me the most. Tightening the skin without an invasive surgical procedure. I have read that the results are wonderful but the procedure is a little uncomfortable. Results are seen after the first treatment and continue to improve in the days to follow.
These procedures are costly and can possibly have side effects so research is extremely important to help you find a doctor who will help you attain the best results.