Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Message Is In The Massage

Hi Ladies,
I know that from everyday stress and just everyday everything my bones and muscles ache.  Nothing makes me feel better in every way than a massage.  To me it is the most relaxing and invigorating thing that I can do for my body.  If I had endless funds I would get a foot massage weekly.  To me that is the best massage!
The benefits of massage therapy have been known for so many centuries and passed down by many diverse cultures.  Massage has been known as a healing tool. It can ease emotional as well as physical pain.  There is scientific proof supporting this.
 One type of massage that I am so interested in is "Reflexology."  I read an article about a woman who was not doing well.  Her physical and emotional state were bad.  She had many health issues and felt so ill that she was sure that she was dying.   She felt helpless and did not know where to turn.  Someone told her to go for Reflexology.  Having nothing  more to lose since she felt like she was losing her life she got up the energy to go for a session.   After the first session this woman felt like a different person.  After a few sessions she no longer felt so sick and her emotional state improved dramatically.  Reflexology basically changed this woman's life.  I wish I remembered where I read this article so I could direct you to it.  But please take my word that this is what happened for this woman.  Reflexology can be pricey.  That is one reason I have not started with it yet.  I am told that it is wonderful for so many physical and emotional issues that can bother us.
 It is estimated that 80-90% of disease in humans is stress-related.  Imagine if we could prevent this!
Following are some additional benefits of massage:

  • It increases circulation
  • It stimulates the flow of lymph (the body's natural defense system) throughout the body
  • It relaxed and softens injured and overused muscles
  • It reduces spasms and cramping
  • It reduces recovery time for both "Weekend Warriors" and top athletes
  • It releases endorphins (the body's natural pain killers)
  • It helps with scar tissue, which develop as a result of surgery
  • It greatly improves range of motion
Of course the more frequent your massages the better, but even if it is a once in a while treat it is still beneficial to your health!!!


Parts of this post were taken from an article written by Dr. Glenn Rosenberg, D.C. which appeared in "Local Luxuries"    March 2011 issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment