Wednesday, August 10, 2011

La Mer

by Wendy Joy

I looked in the mirror last night and I felt like I had "tree bark" on my face.  I don't know how else to describe it.  My skin was so dull, dry and  spotty.....my moist glow was gone and it was 100 degrees outside.  Shouldn't I have been moist?  Instead I looked dry and "barky".  I know that's not a word....but you get it.  I always use Neutrogena and Oil of Olay products and I always feel so proud that I have had the strength to stay away from expensive creams and not give in to them just because they are French and come in beautiful boxes!  I have will power and smarts and the products I use have come highly recommended through the years from various dermatologists! 
But the "bark".  I looked terrible last night and It's not like it's the first time I looked in the mirror and wasn't exactly thrilled with what I saw.....but this was bad.  I forgot to mention that I never go for facials and I started to panic that I had to book an appointment first thing in the morning.  I didn't.  Instead I ran to Bloomingdales like a lunatic.....I looked around frantically waiting for something to pop out at me and there it was! 







                                                            


 I had heard about La Mer products from friends of mine for years but I would never spend that kind of money on a cream.  So instead I bought a scrub.                                                            


   I told the kind lady at the counter that I was not doing well....eeewwwww!  I hate complaining and my problem was small and stupid....She looked at me with sad eyes....maybe she saw the "bark" on my face and I asked her if they had a scrub?  She said "yes" and excitedly told me how the diamond crystals would remove the top layer of skin from my face leaving me with fresh skin.....I wanted to jump over the counter and start scrubbing. I never wanted diamond crystals on my face so badly in my whole life...I didn't care if I didn't know what they were.  She gave me some samples of a product that you use after the scrub to further even out your skin tone, an eye cream and a moisturizer.  Well, I always give away my samples but not this time.  I have them sitting on my counter all shiny, tiny and new.                                                                 


Well, I used the scrub when I got home and it was magic!  It did take away that dull layer of skin.  The diamond crystals beat out the bark and my skin is all glowy and dewy.  Yes it was expensive....and yes now I want to buy all of the products because they work.  I will keep you posted but at least for now I will treasure my Le Mer scrub and use my sample creams very slowly.  Then of course I will be back at the counter asking Nora for more advice.     (click here to visit La Mer)






                                                                              


                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment