Even though I was just driving to the beach, Thanksgiving is here. It's just crazy how fast time flies. Not sure that I like it, but that's another blog post. Anyway........
Are you cooking for Thanksgiving or going somewhere for the festivities?
What are you serving? Every year my daughter and I make three sweet potato puddings. Two we bring with us wherever we go and one is for us! We found the recipe (which is so easy) on the can of Bruce's yams. It is always such a hit. As soon as it's put down on the table it's gone!
This is the recipe:
- 1 - 40 oz. can Cut yams
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup white or brown sugar
- 2/3 cup syrup from can
- Place yams in shallow baking dish.
- Combine syrup from can, sugar, and butter in saucepan, stirring to boil to thicken. (make sure saucepan is large, as sauce thickens it rises.)
- Pour sauce over yams.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 20 to 30 minutes, basting frequently.
- sprinkle lightly with ground cinnamon and/or nutmeg.
- Place a few slices of orange or pineapple on yams in dish and add 3 Tbsp. orange or pineapple juice to liquid before basting.
Do you have a special holiday recipe? It would be fun to share recipes, and always nice to hear of a
new one or a twist on an old one.