Friday, November 11, 2011

Popeye The Sailor Man

I'm Popeye the sailor man
I'm Popeye the sailor man
I'm strong to the finich cause
I eats me spinach
I'm Popeye the sailor man!
It's such a coincidence that I was talking to my daughter the other day about "Popeye" and "Olive Oyl." I was telling my daughter how I loved to watch "Popeye" when I was a little girl.
Then the Bloomingdale's holiday catalog arrived in the mail and I see this!

King Features , a print syndication company that distributes 150 comic strips including so many of our favorites from our past, has teamed up with Bloomingdale's to bring us comic book fashion!









 Visit Bloomingdale's here to view the collection.



2 comments:

  1. was never a fan of animation;still don't like it much even with the up to date technology. However I feel an obligation to tell you that in high school many people (the boys i think) nicknamed me "Olive Oyle "( i thought it was Oil) and my friend Laurie was called "Bones". Was never sure if this was a good thing or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann,
    That was sweet that the boys gave you that name. It was a good thing!
    We were all pretty skinny in high school so we got these names. When I lived in Brooklyn in the 6th and 7th grade I was "Twiggy of Brooklyn" because I was so skinny! Elyse

    ReplyDelete