Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Ultherapy

Hi my ladies,
I just read about this new non-invasive procedure for facial tightening and lifting.  It is called "Ultherapy."    It looks amazing to me.  I first read about it being done by Andrew Jacono, M.D. on Long Island.
"Ultherapy" is the first and only energy-based device for aesthetics cleared by the FDA with a non-invasive "lift" indication.  "Ultherapy" is able to treat not only the skin itself, but the deep foundation below the skin that is addressed in cosmetic surgery.  This is what rejuvenates tired collagen and supplements it with fresh, new collagen.  As we age collagen breaks down.  That is what causes fine lines, wrinkles, and skin sagging.
With "Ultherapy" you receive one 30-60 minute treatment.  It can greatly improve the eye area, jaw line (that's what I need), and neck (I need that too).  There is no downtime, and results occur gradually over 2-3 months.  Immediately after treatment you may feel a tightening and lifting.  After the first month you may experience slight lifting and toning, a tighter, firmer feel and a smoother texture.  When you start your second and third month you may experience better fitting skin, reduced sagging, openness around the eyes, sleeker jaw line, and improved contour under the chin.  
Ultrasound is sound at frequencies higher than those detected by human hearing.  Delivery of this energy initiates the natural wound healing process.  The ultrasound energy is delivered non-invasively into the dermal layer, as well as the skin's deep support structures, without affecting intervening tissue.  This is done around the eyes, cheeks, and upper neck.  There may be slight discomfort during the procedure but I think that it is definitely worth a little discomfort. 


above photos from facialplastics.info 

For a non-surgical procedure I think that the results are very dramatic.  Click here to see more before and afters.  
I have never had any cosmetic procedures yet.  I really truly want and need to but needless to say they are costly and a little scary.  "Ultherapy" sounds like something I would want to try.  I don't know the cost.  I'm sure it can't be cheap.  I think the longer we wait to do any procedures more and more alternatives will be available.  There are instances when you may not be a candidate for "Ultherapy."  So a full history has to be taken before any treatment.   
I think this before and after is very dramatic. 
For a list of doctors that perform "Ultherapy" click here.
This is the "Ultherapy" site.

2 comments:

  1. yes i think Ultherapy Method" is amazing skin tratment on medical technology. With ultrasound tech this treatment become faster than others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fajar,
    I do agree with you! And it is non-invasive which is great! Thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete