Monday, February 6, 2012

Good morning!


What do you do in the morning?  Are you getting ready for the gym, office, or a day of shopping (I would like that one) or do you work from home?  Regardless of what you have planned for the day it is important to have a morning ritual....well that is what I read......so I am posting a list by Kavit Haria.

  1. Wake up. Don’t hit snooze. Jump out of bed as if someone threw a bucket of cold water on you. Half of your day’s success is actually showing up and being excited. Rest time is over, get out of bed now.
  2. Drink a pint of water first thing in the morning. If you don’t like water on its own, squeeze some fresh lime into it. Water is great for you.
  3. Make yourself a blend of fruits that excite you. I love a carrot-apple-ginger juice and drink it in the morning before eating and wait at least an hour or so before I eat.
  4. Go out and take in the sunlight. I wake up when I see sun. Its energy, invigoration and excitement is absolutely amazing. Get up and spend a minute outside looking up in the sky taking in the morning light. Wrap up warm if it’s cold, but make sure you do it.
  5. Spend time in silence. Be grateful for what you have. Mentally or on paper, plan the day out. If you don’t do the previous night, write out your to-do list of the most exciting and important things.
  6. Cuddle your kids (or find some to cuddle). Kids bring excitement and awe in the way they think and view the world. Spending time around them helps you to cultivate the inner child within you.  Pet your dog or cat. (I added this one.)
  7. Brush your tongue. Lose the morning breath and start off on a minty note.
  8. Go for a walk. Or hop on the treadmill for 30 minutes. People who walk in the morning have more energy than those who walk at night after a long day. Use the walk to appreciate your surroundings and plan your day. In silence if possible.
  9. Drink green tea, instead of coffee. Boosts your energy, provides antioxidants and has been promoted as a great natural healthy option.
  10. Journal. A list of rituals without journaling in the morning isn’t complete. I find it the most exhilarating thing to be sitting down for a short period and just writing out whatever comes to my head, no matter whether it immediately makes sense to me or not.
Well what do you think?  I do agree with most of this list, not all.  

I don't get out of bed so easily because I don't sleep great.  I do drink a lot of water.  Actually more than my share.  I think that brushing your tongue is important and standing outside for a few moments if you can before work is invigorating.  I drink decaf coffee in the morning.  I could not drink green tea.  Love the smell of the coffee brewing!  Do you follow any of these morning rituals?  Or do you have others that work for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment