Thursday, July 5, 2012

A safe and inexpensive tan

 Hi lovely ladies,
When I was younger I would love to be tan.  I would slather baby oil and Ban de Soleil (the orange gel one) all over my body and bake for hours.  I loved the smell of Coppertone suntan lotion.  It meant summer and the beach.  I couldn't wait to see my tan lines.  I loved it!  We did not know how damaging the sun could be.  I wish that we did know because then today I (we) would have younger looking skin.  I would put oil on the back of my hands and lay with my arms straight so my hands would get dark.  Well, you know now that I am regretting that.
I love the feeling of the warm sun on my body but know that I must not bake anymore.  I still see people my age at the beach with their faces pointed up to the sun for hours.  Well I won't do that anymore but I do like to look like I have a little color, especially on my legs.  The best product that I have found is Tan Towels .  The only problem is that they are costly.  You only get five applications in a box that costs $24.  A while back I was browsing the web and found this home-made recipe for self-tanning.   I haven't tried it yet but it sounds easy, cost effective and it is supposed to work.  See below...........


                     

This technique is so easy, you won’t be-leaf it.

Required time: About 30-40 minutes Skill level: Goof-proof


Ingredients: 4 black tea bags 2 cups boiling water Sponge or spray bottle


Optional: Body lotion Pure cocoa powder


Instructions: When water has boiled, add the tea bags to steep. Leave in for 10-15 minutes, or until tea is dark and cool enough to touch.


In the meantime, take a shower to ensure your skin is oil- and sweat-free. Afterwards, make sure skin is completely dry.


Stand on something you don’t mind getting dirty. If using a sponge, drench it in the tea and wipe all over your body. If using a spray bottle, fill it with tea and spray evenly. Let skin air-dry and apply another coat for a deeper shade.



Tea will stain clothes if wet, so make sure you’re all dry before dressing. The “tan” should last 3-4 days.


Optional: For bonus color, mix cocoa powder into body lotion until you reach desired color and apply for an all-over bronzing boost.

Ladies,  would you try this?  I think that I will.  The price is right!



No comments:

Post a Comment