Friday, October 13, 2023

The Beatles - Penny Lane

Do you have a favorite Beatle Song?  I think that it's kind of hard to choose since all of their songs are the best!  But if I had to choose one it would be "Penny Lane."  When I listen to Penny Lane I can almost put myself right there in London as I am witnessing everything that is happening on Penny Lane.  It lets me time travel back to a simpler place in time to a country where I have never been but have always wanted to visit.  I want to be standing on Penny Lane, just watching the day unfold, and be a part of all that is happening.  



What is your favorite Beatle song?  What about the very first album?  "Meet the Beatles."  Those are the songs we screamed to when we were watching the Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show.  My father would come downstairs and try to get my sister and brother and I to quiet down but that wasn't happening.  My only negative with The Ed Sullivan Show was that I knew the next day was school and school and I did not mix well.  One day I will blog about the reasons I had a difficult time in school.  
Did you wear the big button pins that said "I Love Paul", "I Love John", etc.?  I had them displayed all over my shirt! My brother had a Beatle wig.  We thought the Beatle's hair was so long but looking back it wasn't that long.  What memories do you have of the Beatles?


We are living through such a sad time right now.  John Lennon's "Imagine" really hits you in the gut!   







No comments:

Post a Comment