Sunday, June 27, 2010

Quote by Lady Nancy Astor


                       Nancy Langhorne Shaw(later Lady Nancy Astor) in 1906 around the time of her                                                                          engagement to Waldorf Astor

      I refuse to admit that I am more than 52, even if that makes my children illegitimate.
~ Lady Nancy Astor ~


This quote is from a while back. It really doesn't hold true for today. Being over fifty is a great place to be. There are so many ways to stay fit and healthy. Fifty is the new 30!!! Well, that is what I hear. So let's prove that true! Yes we might have a few more aches and pains then we did 20 years ago but we are going to make our bodies stronger. If we stretch and do resistance training we will have less of those aches and pains! Also, let's eat better! No more fried food. It is artery clogging and makes you gain weight. Ladies we need to have healthy hearts. We can have them by eating right and exercising and NOT SMOKING! Also it is so important to have a friend. The older I get the more I realize how important it is to have a girlfriend to talk to. Even if you are married or dating it is still important to have contact with someone who can relate to you and the interests that we as women over fifty have. When I was younger I really didn't care if I had any girlfriends. I thought that it was only important to have a man in my life. Now that I am 56 years young I have to say that it is important to have a friend!











Image of Nancy Astor via Lallie Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment