Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Barbra Streisand at the Barclays Center




Saturday night my daughter and I were treated to Barbra Streisand.  And what a treat!  The Barclays Center is amazing and Barbra.....well.......spectacular....to say the least!!!!  Barbra Streisand has been my idol since I was a teenager.  I have always wanted to see her in concert but never have.  So when my friend called me and said "you are going to see Barbra Streisand!!!" I could not believe it.
First we had the most delicious dinner at the 40/40 Club.  Jay Z,  you know how to rock  a restaurant.  (And thank you Bruce Ratner and Jay Z for bringing the Nets and this beautiful venue to Brooklyn!)   As we walked into the restaurant we were all served champagne. The 40/40 Club is absolutely beautiful with big screen televisions throughout.  Of course they were playing scenes from Barbra Streisand movies (what a treat!)
Stations are set up throughout the restaurant.  One table for beef sliders, one for turkey burger sliders, one for crab sliders (I had the crab and it was soooo good!)  Stations for fish, potatoes, the most amazing macaroni and cheese that you will ever taste, lamb chops, steak, salads, chicken satay.......the list of dishes goes on and on.  Too many to mention!  Dessert.....the biggest red velvet cake I have ever seen.  And the tiniest cheesecake with the most delicious raspberry sauce drizzled throughout.  Then I ate the most decadent chocolate (brownie/fudge) with caramel sauce and I don't know what.....yum!!!!
As if the dining experience wasn't enough.  Then we walk into the most amazing arena that I have ever seen.......and the concert that I have been waiting for since I was a teen......BARBRA!!!!!!!
I have to say that I felt like I was in a reality television show.  It was surreal!!!  xoxo
 (Thank you David!)


















Dessert!!!





The concert!!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment