Thursday, November 15, 2012

Good morning.


photo via "Fire Island Pines Historical Preservation Society

I'm back at my home after the storm.  It feels really good to have electricity.  I live in a duplex apartment and the vestibule area did get flooded.  The sheetrock had to be ripped out and the insulation was taken out.  I do see mold forming already.  It really does grow fast.  I'm not sure what the next step is.  I guess that it is going to be treated to stop the growth of the mold.
I am waiting for my car to be hauled away.  The water came over the seats and our development is elevated.
Everyone on the first floor had to move out.  Their apartments are being ripped apart.  What a mess.  Most of those people are elderly and my heart goes out to them.  They lost most of their furniture, cars, etc.
Again, if you want to donate here is a link to the Red Cross.

On a lighter note my home study course for recertification as a personal trainer is almost complete.  I have to take a CPR course.  I am looking for one that it reasonably priced.  I hope to be recertified by next month.

I miss blogging.  Hope to be back here full time again very soon.

I came across an article about Ellen Barkin from "O" magazine.  It is titled "Beauty Upkeep Plan."  There are some helpful hints in it and just some fun reading.     Click here.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're home. People don't realize how Hurricane Sandy impacted our day to day lives. Even now there's signs of destruction and people without heat. It's been almost 4 weeks since the Hurricane. Life as I knew it here on Long Island is irrevocably changed. Awhile back you posted a blog about the beach. I commented that we don't realize how lucky we are to have such beautiful beaches. We'll still have beaches but we lost a lot of them and more. I hope you can still have your little space by the ocean next summer when mother nature is calm.

    ReplyDelete