Thursday, September 21, 2023

Non-dating!



I had the best time yesterday!  I went on a non-date!  I went out for lunch and a walk with a man that I am not dating.  We are just friends.  I do like him and maybe I would rather be on a regular date with him but that is just not going to happen any time soon!  So non-dating it is!
Well, there is a lot to be said for non-dating.  You don't have to get obsessive with your hair and make-up.  It doesn't really matter what you wear.  You can go on a last minute date without showering!  You are not being judged, approved or disapproved!  It's not a real date!
  We went for a really nice walk.  I could basically talk about anything I wanted to because I didn't have to impress this man.  So I showed him the prettiest house that we were passing and told him that I would love to live in that particular house.  But, then I changed my mind when I saw a smaller, cozier one with a fenced in yard for my dog!  I asked him if he could please buy the house for me.  I could ask him anything.  We are non-dating!
  Then we went for lunch.  He treated.....the gentlemanly thing to do.  I sort of offered but kind of knew that he would treat.  If he let me pay I would have been upset on this non-date.  We went for Chinese food.  It was so good!  And he said "this is a non-date so you can drink your soup from the bowl"  (plastic take-out bowl).  Well I did and I felt so comfortable eating with him because whether he likes me or not, it doesn't matter.  We are non-dating!
I think I know most of the dating rules but I am still trying to figure out the rules of non-dating.  Does one kiss after a certain number of non-dates?  Does that make it a date?  Well,  I guess only time will tell and a few more non-dates!  We did hug good-bye and I did ask him to take me to the Bahamas for a non-date vacation!  I can ask for anything!  He will probably say no but who knows.......one day he might say "Yes!"


Did you ever go on a non-date?



p.s.  for all of you non-daters out there here is a song of inspiration for you........



I wrote this little post in 2014.

10 comments:

  1. Welcome back; so glad to see a post from you. Happy New Year, I think it's going to be a better year. As far as non dating, I am clueless b/c I have been w/ the same man for 37 years. It sounds like a non date is just hanging out with a friend who happens to be male. That I have done. I guess if I weren't in a committed relationship after I got to be really good friends with this non date guy I might talk to him about taking it further. Whatever makes you happy; no rules, no judgement. just be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweetheart!! You see, I never believed that a man and a woman could JUST be friends. It could certainly start out that way (and really should), but it never just stays as JUST friends. By the way, how did he feel about you going out on a non date?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann! Happy and Healthy New Year to you and your family! I suppose that initially a non date is just hanging out with a male friend. And Mindy, first Happy and Healthy New Year, and I think that you are right.....starting out as friends is a good thing but in time you are probably right that it might turn into regular dating! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. very helpful and useful dating article. I really liked it
    I suggest you a very interesting dating site
    http://www.angelreturn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous! So happy that you enjoyed my non-dating post! I will take a look at the site that you mentioned. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Nice article, I was spending a lot of time for searching T20 World Cup 2016 Warm Up Matches Schedule, and tanks for this article:)

    but… but …but… is there a way to make play current song, also if the page reloads:) hope you know what I mean..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice page. It’s good to have kids who can use this medium to find you HSY Wedding Dresses 2016


    ReplyDelete
  7. Very thought provoking! I bet you are an excellent non- dater!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post Elyse Rose! I go on non-dates with men that are my friends. It works for now. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maxine! I think non dating is fun and not stressful!!

      Delete